Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Let's Try This Again...

So, you're probably asking..."where have you been?"  OR, maybe you're just like me and are bad at this whole blogging thing :).  I don't know what happened, because I used to be so good at updating this thing.

Well...here I go again, starting yet another chapter in my life.  And whether people read this or not, I guess I really just want something to look back on to remember some of the good, and bad moments I have experienced in my life.

So, welcome back, and I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing in it.  There is a lot to catch up on, but for now I'll just start by saying that my last cruise contract was a really great one.  I had a lot of self discoveries, and even a lot of set backs, but I think at the end of it all I came out of that contract a better person.

It's a crazy thing thinking that at my age I've traveled many parts of the world.  I really am truly lucky to have had these experiences.  Who can say they've been to the Great Wall of China, or the Egyptian Pyrimaids, or even where Jesus walked in Jerusalem?  Maybe celebrities that have endless amounts of money...I don't know, but I am soo lucky to be in a profession where it allows me to travel the world while I do what I love to do and I think that's pretty dang special.

Traveling has really given me a new set of eyes to really cherish those around me and to really appreciate where I come from.  One day I'll go in more depth about my experiences traveling, but I guess it's pretty fitting that I'm writing this the eve of my wonderful country's Independence Day.

Speaking of all of this travel, I am actually heading back out to the ships here next week.  I'll be replacing a singer on the Jewel (where it all began for me on the ships) for about 7 weeks then have a short break then will head to Tampa to start rehearsals for the NCL Star.  I'm so excited because I get to share this next adventure with one of my partners in crime, Harpo!  It has been over a year since we last saw each other, but we have kept in touch and I just can't wait to experience these next 8 or 9 months with someone I call family.

But, I really can't wait to embark on this next journey.  I really am going to try to soak up every moment because as I have recently found out...again, life doesn't stop, and life has its own plans for us if we don't do something about it.

I'm really going to try to be better at this blogging thing again...so just bear with me, but to anyone reading this, I hope this finds you well and that you are geared up for a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!!!

Peace and Love!!

Kandyce Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment