Thursday, March 12, 2015

Back to Life...Back to Reality.

Is it weird that I'm almost 32 weeks pregnant and I still can't believe that I'm having a baby?  I don't think it'll really sink in until I have my lil boy in my arms.  I feel him all of the time moving around, I see my belly expanding by the minute, still have uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms, but I'm still in shock.  Someone please tell me that this is normal. ;)

Baby Isaiah's next baby appointment is on the 16, and I get excited every time I have an appointment because I get to see his beautiful little face from the ultrasound.  However, it's always a surprise as to what is going to happen next at my baby appointments.  Each time I have been surprised with more blood testing, booster shots, and other uncomfortable tests.  These are the things that they don't tell you when you're pregnant.  I don't know if they do it to not scare you, but I just would like to know what I'm going into.  But so far, I've been doing ok with everything...I just hate needles and just not knowing what's going on.  Maybe you can't really ever be prepared for anything in pregnancy...I don't know.

Richard and I have been transitioning to land life, and let me tell you, it has been hard because we both have been doing the ship life thing for a while.  Me on and off for 4 years and Richard on and off for about 11 years!! So it is definitely a transition for the both of us, probably more so for Richard because he has been doing ships a lot longer than me and he's now living in a whole new country.

I can't tell you guys how relieved we are to have Richard's papers done.  It took a huge load of stress off of the both of us.  Without getting into a huge political debate, it was a very long process, but I know we both would go through it again just to be together.  I don't agree with all of the ways that the US goes about bringing new people into the country, now that Richard and I have gone through it, but I do understand why it is so tough to come here.

We both are working full time, and with me being pregnant, I am just exhausted ALL OF THE TIME.  I feel like all I do is sleep...when I'm not using the bathroom, or sweating and changing my clothes every night!! ;)

But we're still figuring this thing called life out...as I'm sure everyone feels that way sometimes.  But one thing is for sure, we are both so excited for our newest addition to come.  I already think he's going to be a performer of some sort.  This boy doesn't stop moving around!! :)


Peace and Love,

Kandyce, Richard, and Isaiah

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwe, I just saw this!! I hadn't been on my blog for months! What a sweet post! Now you can look back and try to remember life before Isaiah arrived.... it gets harder and harder! Congrats my beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete