Monday, July 16, 2012

We are a Family, Like a Giant Tree

Sunday July 15th marked a HUGE day for the Cameron family. We finally met our long lost brother Jason. :)

A lot of emotions had gone through me when I first heard about him. It was strange to me to think that I had another brother out there that I was NOT close to. If you know me, you know that I am ALL about my family and that I love and adore my brothers and sisters so much. So much that I consider them to be my best friends. We have been through sooo much together both good and bad and we always come out of any situation together and stronger than ever. So to think that I had another sibling that wasn't a part of that was really sad to me.

Well we finally met and all of my nervous emotions that I had concerning the situation went away when I met Jason. There's NO DOUBT that he's a Cameron!! He is funny, handsome, TALL, wears glasses, smart, and such a loving man. It's crazy to me that I now have 3 baby brothers, and 2 baby sisters, and now a nephew!! Hopefully I'll be meeting my nephew soon. :)

But for now, we are all planning on getting together again this week to spend more time together while we bowl. Should be fun.


Peace and Love,

Kandyce Marie



5 comments:

  1. Such big things have happened in your life. It's nice to finally hear YOUR voice (especially in the post below). I have heard no rumors or gossip, just that you had divorced via your posts on FB. I can't even imagine how hard it has been for you. I think and pray for you often, actually. You've been a friend of mine for a long time, and I hope to keep it that way :). Just know that I think you are wonderful- in every way. How wonderful that your family has expanded in such an unexpected way- continue to embrace it! Nothing is more important than family. Love you! Yay for blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amylee!! Thank you for your friendship, love, and support. I can def feel it, and you don't know how much I appreciate your kind words. It def has been a tough road, and still is sometimes, but I'm learning quickly that it gets better, and it makes it easier that I have people like you around to help make it better!! Love and adore you!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow at the reunion!! xo

      Delete
  2. That is SOOO neat! I'm so happy you blogged about this! I loved seeing that picture, too. He totally fits in for sure! I always dreamed of this kind of reunion with long-lost siblings. It gives me a little bit of hope for me one day with mine. Have a blast getting to know each other and to laugh at all the craziness life brings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me happy that you still carry some hope meeting your siblings one day. And when the time is right, you know God will make it happen. Just stay open to it. Trust me...there were several times that Jason and the rest of my siblings could have met, but the time wasn't right yet...and now I understand why. :) I love you!! xo

      Delete
  3. That is SO exciting for your family!! :)

    ReplyDelete